Thursday 17 July 2014

Alibaba, GDEX and Efficient

Internet has drastically altered the way in which information is shared. Businesses today are moving towards a generation of trend, in which e-commerce has taken a large portion of the market share, combating the existence of brick and mortar. One of the recent hot news that caught my attention is on Alibaba U.S listing. Under the leadership of Jack-Ma, also the cofounder of Alibaba, this China based business to business marketing site serves more than 79 million member and more than 240 countries.

(Source: forbes.com)

Business Model
(Source: lazure2.wordpress.com)



Alibaba (Simplified Version)

(Source: ft.com)

Pictures that simplifies all of the hardship
- Alibaba Net Income in 2013 is more than Amazon and eBay combined
- Note that Alibaba Gross Merchandise volume in 2013 is $248 Billion, 2.5 times more than Amazon, 3.2 times more than eBay (lets visualize how big the Gross Merchandise volume is)

(Source: World Development Database)
- Extracted from World Development Indicator, World Bank, Measuring Nation GDP
ü  Note that Malaysia Nation GDP level is around $312 Billion
ü  Alibaba Gross Merchandise volume in 2013 ($248 Billion) is more than Greece GDP (241 Billion)
- Alibaba 4 Major Shareholder
ü  Softbank 34.4%
ü  Yahoo 22.6%
ü  Jack Ma 8.9%
ü  Joseph Tsai 3.6%

- Alibaba dominates China Market, Let’s have a look on china total population
(Source: en.wikipedia.org)


GDEX and Efficient E-Solution

(Source: ft.com)
-Alibaba Buys 10% of Singapore Post in the move to expand its business overseas and to create international e-commerce tie-up 

(Source: cimb company report)
-Singapore Post own 27% stake in GDEX and 21% stake in Efficient E-Solutions.


GDEX
(Source: gdexpress.com)

Efficient E-Solution
(Source: efficient.com.my)
-Believing Alibaba will be the largest e-commerce business in the history, expansion of their business will eventually spill over into Singapore & Malaysia. Surprisingly, in Malaysia, there are already few Alibaba office. In long term, I'm expecting a revenue boost in both Gdex and Efficient. Shortly, I’m betting on some price action upon Alibaba listing date (tentatively on 8th August 2014)





1 comment:

  1. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete